Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
emily tell me about your futurehouse with futurepartner tell me everything
I would also like to own a house, because I want to customize the crap out of it: painted walls, weird colors, wallpapers and details, etc. Mostly, I would require windows. Lots of windows, relatively large, maybe even floor to ceiling. Perhaps the majority of the living space will be higher situated (maybe the top half of a duplex?), so more light can shine in. I hate gloomy houses; I always feel happier in places with lots of natural light and bright, cheery colors (say, yellower wood as opposed to those deep browns). The furniture, walls, and everything will be bright and colorful as shit
The space would ideally be kind of small, so it’s easy to clean. I want a clean house. I’m not used to that, partly due to my upbringing and partly due to my anxiety and depression cockblocking my natural urge to organize. Maybe I’ll finally learn how to deal with it, or my wife will be more on top of it, or we’ll both motivate each other to do chores equally and effectively. I’d like a well oiled system that everyone is content with, so we’ll be happy in our clean and mutually maintained home.
I’d like a backyard, perhaps shared with another family. I want to keep a food garden. And, if possible, I’d like to raise some chickens there, too. Fresh goddamn eggs for breakfast every morning.
I’d like a pet, even though I’m allergic to most pets. I don’t know about kids; depends on what my wife wants and whatever happens to us In Life.
I want a vanity in my bedroom. I also like your idea about the adults-only majorly geeky loft, and I may have to appropriate it
There’s probably more but this is what comes to mind immediately!
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, the importance of maintaining a domestic space. It must have something to do with graduating and thinking about how I want to live. I think questions like this, speculating about living space ideals, are so interesting and integral to identity. And I hope we both get everything we want.
Once you get this you must share 5 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 10 of your favourite followers!
Okkkk I won’t pass it along but I will answer the questions! Thank you for the implied compliment!
1) I have 4 side blogs, not including this one: an inspiration blog, a nsfw blog, a blog for my thesis, and a blog where I post private text posts nobody but me and people who check to see if that url is taken will ever see
2) One of the things that helped me come out to myself at age 19 was a mad crush on one of my professors, and I have absolutely no regrets because she kicks ass. On that day I learned I have excellent taste, if not the worst gaydar and a regrettable tendency to fall for unavailable women
3) I am- at least- a 4th generation American. I appear v. Nordic and also German because that is what most of my lineage is (also some Scottish and Ukrainian Jewish). But all this ancestry is mostly just a conversation piece given my fully assimilated white American cultural identity. One of the only things that remain of, for example, my Dutch background, is me and my mother’s love of blue cheese.
4) I was raised Protestant and boy, have I defected
5) It took me six years to graduate college due to severe anxiety *KICKS ACADEMIA IN THE FACE, THEN APPLIES TO GRADUATE SCHOOL LIKE A SUCKER… AFTER I GET A JOB, SAVE UP SOME MONEY, AND LEARN TO COPE A LITTLE BETTER LOL*
My water aerobics instructor, who is otherwise pretty cool, is apparently evangelical (I’m guessing Baptist or Church of Christ?) and somehow cornered one of the poor old Methodist ladies into a conversation about Jesus after class
I thought, “NOPE, I am too gay for this shit,” and skittered away without a word, though I did feel bad for not saving my clearly uncomfortable classmate
It’s been a while since I’ve encountered an obnoxious evangelical spiel. You know, that “know him,” “the rapture will come,” “hell is real and hanging over your head!,” kitchen sink kind of preaching. I HAD IT SO GOOD WHEN I DIDN’T HAVE TO BE AROUND THIS KIND OF SHIT I MISS BRANDEIS AND ALSO JEWS AND CATHOLICS
Sometimes I think, “I should write music!” but then realize I’m not nearly weathered or tortured enough to be legit. Half of my songs would be titled like “Why Don’t I Have a Girlfriend,” or “Perhaps I Should Get Out More,” or “Seriously, Is It My Mediocre Face?”
Ok! My father has very kindly re-purposed my older, somewhat less broken laptop for temporary use, so I have a (shitty, constantly overheating, laggy) computer in the meantime.
So I can finish some more cover letters, hopefully. Hooray! (but actually)
Page 1 of 12