Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
- One of my best friends calls me “Em.” nobody else can, unless I met them through her
- My dad calls me dumpling
- My sister used to call me goobah
- In college people called me Emily Black. And then they called me Emily Yellow. Wiz Khalifa.
Birthday: June 2
Time zone: Central
What time and date is it there: October 19th, 9:22am
Average hours of sleep I get each night: 7 to 8…ish… I’m pretty sure I need 10 tho
OTPs: I like Rose/Kanaya. Asami/Korra. Lois/Clark. Mulder/Scully.
First word that comes to mind: JeeeSUS
What I last said to a family member: “BYE” to my dad as he left my room. We were saying good morning.
One place that makes me happy and why: My office. It’s clean. I feel in control there.
How many blankets I sleep under: 1, right now
Favourite beverage: Fuckin’ grapefruit flavored soda water. I drink one a day. It’s a problem
The last movie I watched in the cinema: Suspiria
Three things I can’t live without: Green things. Tea. Probably, like. Cool breezes. I don’t know. I’m just trying not to say “wifi”
Something I plan on learning: Gardening. Sewing. Urdu script. More complex Sanskrit words. How to keep my fucking house clean. How to flirt with girls.
A piece of advice for all my followers: lmao I left this blank. I’d say… Listen to yourself. Trust yourself.
TUMBLR MEME TIME. Post five nice things about yourself, then send this to ten other people you like!
I always ignore these because I am just the pits at coming up with positive things that aren’t the same old bullshit I throw on my resume. But ok. Let’s give it a shot! POSITIVE THINKING.
1. I am fucking amazing at parsing other people’s understanding of the world. I can determine someone’s basic ideological orientation after talking to them for like five minutes. That’s why I love history, specifically finding threads of ideas that just continue onwards and evolve into different forms. So fun.
2. I think I’m entering a point in my life where I’m not so much concerned with “understanding everyone’s point of view” and then “picking the specific point of view that suits mine best.” Now I’m a little more confident about trusting my own judgement, whether or not it exactly conforms to some existing philosophy. I believe that is a trait integral to becoming AN ADULT.
3. I’m really good at putting together color palettes, for clothes and other things.
4. I make a perfect cup of tea.
5. I am very handsome. I am slowly internalizing that idea! It is hard after having a low opinion of my looks for so long, but I am getting used to looking in the mirror and being floored by my hella high cheekbones and piercing gray eyes. Heavens to betsy.
I like everyone, so it’s hard for me to choose just five folks to tag. Also… I don’t want to bother people.
Message me any misconceptions you had at one point about me that you’ve since seen proven wrong.
Let’s do this!
6, 7, and 10. :]
6. Has fandom ever ruined a pairing for you?
No, actually! I think some fanon, especially for les pairings, can be pacifying or twee. But I’m able to retain my own understanding of the pair in question.
7. Asked and answered!
10. Any fandom I’m ashamed of being in?
Nope. Though occasionally:
but I think that’s a part of this fandom’s collective consciousness
odd numbers (and you can pick any/all for number five)
Most if not all of these are going to be Homestuck, because it’s the only fandom I enthusiastically participate in. I just realized I lost my superhero comics fandom membership card at least a year ago, and can no longer present it at the door.
Reblog with your Personality types bolded, for your own reference, or for your followers to get to know you better! Add some others if you know any (such as Hogwarts houses: not a typical personality test, but they give other people insight into what you’re like!) Ones with free online tests are linked.
Zodiac: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces.
Myers-Briggs [x]: ISTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISFP, INFP, INTP, ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ.
The Four Temperaments [x]: Melancholic, Phlegmatic, Choleric, Sanguine.
Enneagram [x]: Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 5, Type 6, Type 7, Type 8, Type 9.
Hogwarts House [x]: Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw.
Once you get this you must share 5 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 10 of your favourite followers!
Okkkk I won’t pass it along but I will answer the questions! Thank you for the implied compliment!
1) I have 4 side blogs, not including this one: an inspiration blog, a nsfw blog, a blog for my thesis, and a blog where I post private text posts nobody but me and people who check to see if that url is taken will ever see
2) One of the things that helped me come out to myself at age 19 was a mad crush on one of my professors, and I have absolutely no regrets because she kicks ass. On that day I learned I have excellent taste, if not the worst gaydar and a regrettable tendency to fall for unavailable women
3) I am- at least- a 4th generation American. I appear v. Nordic and also German because that is what most of my lineage is (also some Scottish and Ukrainian Jewish). But all this ancestry is mostly just a conversation piece given my fully assimilated white American cultural identity. One of the only things that remain of, for example, my Dutch background, is me and my mother’s love of blue cheese.
4) I was raised Protestant and boy, have I defected
5) It took me six years to graduate college due to severe anxiety *KICKS ACADEMIA IN THE FACE, THEN APPLIES TO GRADUATE SCHOOL LIKE A SUCKER… AFTER I GET A JOB, SAVE UP SOME MONEY, AND LEARN TO COPE A LITTLE BETTER LOL*
Page 1 of 7